GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS LTD. - DEC ‘05 - Presently working
API ,PROCESS RESEARCH
Currently working with GLENMARK GENERICS LTD research centre as Principal Scientist, process research (bulk actives) API) at Mahape ,Navi Mumbai,(dec05-present) and leading a team of scientists in developing APIs for regulated markets, this involves visualization and execution of novel routes, polymorphs, and developing intellectual property to protect the invention. This involves all aspects of synthesis in lab and commercialization on plant , support for DMF filing.
Currently, involved in development of several targets for regulated markets. Provide support to US/European marketing team for developing and execution of new projects
Process Development :-
• Providing guidance and support for process development for challenging of patents in regulated market.
• Design patent non-infringing scalable synthetic routes/process and scale-up of API’s
• Bench and Pilot scale synthesis transformations in hands on
• Optimization of the process, ie,developing industrially feasible process.
• Preparation of PDR, filing of patent and DMF
• Lead a group of Scientists and Group Leaders.
• Hands on with GC, NMR, IR, UV, HPTLC
• Preparation of technology transfer document(TTD)
• Validation batches
• Timely transfer of cost effective technology for scale up and commercialization.
Skill sets:- Technical skills:
• Development of novel synthetic routes/process for pharmaceuticals and successful implementation of the technology in pilot plant
• Conducted various reactions at laboratory and production scales.
• Synthesized various classes of compounds.
• Excellent skills in the operation and interpretation of analytical data from NMR, IR, UV, GCMS, HPLC, GCMS etc.
• Experienced to work under cGMP condition
• Literature survey: Should be well conversant with the use of Sci Finder, MS word, MS Excel, Power point, Chem. Draw and Internet search techniques.
• Operating Instruction: Preparation of scale up report (process, yield, costing, quality, specification etc.).
• Setting of specifications: Supported analytical section for method development and establishment of specification for Raw Material, Intermediate and finished products.
• Risk analysis: Evaluating risk in the new business areas and synergize the team to search for alternatives/reduce/avoid risks that have to be assessed well
• Creativity in problem solving, Highly motivated and Self-starting individual, Excellent communication skill,Team leader with good listening
Hoechst Marion Roussel(Sanofi aventis), Searle, Schering, RPG, Innovassynth, Glenmark,
1 Currently working as Principal Scientist, Process research(Bulk Actives) with GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS LTD research centre, API division at Mahape ,Navi Mumbai, India job involves research and development work on APIs from lab to commercial production, support for DMF filing, in the process develop novel non infringing routes and file patents,(dec05-present)
2 Worked as Sr Manager R&D with Innovassynth technologies Limited, Khopoli, India (formerly IOC ltd) and led a team of 20 chemists for the custom synthesis business in the area of drugs, organic intermediates, specialty chemicals, flavours and fragrances, nutraceuticals and mettalocenes. (25 projects) This included rapid development, scale up and commercialization as per the needs of the foreign clients with a time frame.(may03-dec05----2 yrs 7 months)
3 Worked as a Manager (R&D) at RPG Life Sciences Ltd ( formerly Searle India ltd). Thane Belapur. INDIA The job involved all aspects of synthesis and commercialization from research lab to production, including third party activities. (Oct. 1997- may2003, 5 years 6 months )
4 Worked as an Executive, process development at German multinational Hoechst Marion Roussel Ltd, (NOW SANOFI-AVENTIS)Mulund, Mumbai, India in the QA dept, GMP section(Jan1993 - Jan1997, 4 years)
5 Worked as an Executive,QA/GMP at a German multinational Hoechst Marion Roussel Ltd, Mulund, Mumbai, India in the Process Development Team. (Feb.1997 – oct. 1997, 8 months)
6 Carried out Synthetic Research work as a Management trainee (R&D) at an American multinational Searle India ltd, Research and development centre, Thane, India (Now RPG Life Sciences Ltd) (May 1991 to Dec. 1992, 1 year 7 months)
7 Worked as Indian Organic chemicals research fellow at UDCT Matunga, Mumbai, for PhD programme(organic chemistry) on the topic “ Synthesis of novel pyrethroids analogues”. Simultaneously did project work for IOC.(1987-1991, 4 years)
WORLD ACCLAMATION FOR ORGANIC CHEMISTRY WEBSITES WITH MILLION HITS ON GOOGLE, HELPING MILLIONS ACRESS THE GLOBE
Ph.D from UDCT, now ICT, Mumbai,INDIA, In Organic Chemistry, under Prof. S. SESHADRI, 25+ years in industry( API), mostly multinationals, Conducted process development in companies like Hoechst Marion Roussel(Sanofi aventis), Searle, Schering, RPG, Innovassynth, Glenmark, with exposure to basic research at SEARLE under Dr Nagarajan (Director Ciba), Tech transfer in plant eg deltamethrin 3 tonnes in RPG, bulk drug gmp (only 7 months) in Hoechst Marion Roussel(SANOFI AVENTIS), Custom synthesis in Innovasynth(SANDOZ, Basel, BASF Germany), exposure to Natural products, drugs intermediates, vet drugs, and some exposure in agro.speciality chemicals, flavours and fragrances, nutraceuticals and mettalocenes. ability to deliver products in the production plant(atleast 35 in career).Helping millions with websites on chemistry, million hits on google
1. Part time Certificate course in Basic Computer Programming from Students Computer land – Mulund Bombay (First Class)
2. Part time Certificate course in General Electronics from Bombay Inst. Of Tech. – Mulund – Bombay.
3. Postgraduate Diploma Course in Industrial and Analytical Chemistry from Ruia College – Matunga (1986-1987 – Grade A)
Course included:,Electroanalytical Technology,Microbiology,Spectroscopy,Separation Technology,Statistics,Packing,Air-water analysis,Management
4. Diploma Course in Business Management from Prin-L.N.Welingkar Inst. Of Management, Research & Development, Matunga Bombay (Aug. 1989 – 1990 – Grade A), Courses included:,Marketing Research and Advertising,Marketing Management,Personnel Management,Office Management and Administration,Managerial Economics,Financial and Cost Accounting,Industrial Law,Principles and Practice of Management,Organizational Behavior,Stores Management and Inventory Control